This Statement explains how Feel the Magic® Limited (ABN 36 164 874 266) (“Feel the Magic®”) collects, handles and protects personal information and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). Feel the Magic® has developed this Privacy Statement in line with the ‘Australian Privacy Principles’ (“AAPs”) in the Privacy Act. If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact email@example.com
1. Collecting personal or health information
- Feel the Magic® collects personal information in the course of its business and in conducting its fundraising and charitable activities.
- Feel the Magic® may collect information that personally identifies individuals if required (including details such as name, email address, home address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, occupation or information regarding how and why you are interested in Feel the Magic’s activities including your personal circumstances) but only when it is voluntarily given to Feel the Magic® by the individual or his or her parent or legal guardian. This personal information may be provided to Feel the Magic® through: sending ‘contact us’ messages or other correspondence through the Feel the Magic® website or otherwise contacting us directly about our services; entry into competitions; attendance at Feel the Magic® events; subscribing to our newsletter; or through advertising, research and direct marketing. Feel the Magic® will only collect personal or health information by fair, lawful and non‐intrusive means.
- In some case, Feel the Magic® collects sensitive information including health information but only when it is voluntarily given to Feel the Magic® by the individual or his or her parent or legal guardian. The collection of this information from potential service users is required to determine the availability and suitability of services provided by Feel the Magic® and to ensure the highest quality of service provision.
- Individuals do not have to supply Feel the Magic® with their personal or health information. However, if the individual chooses not to, we may be unable to provide the service required or sought.
2. Using and disclosing personal or health information
- Feel the Magic® will use an individual’s personal or health information in the provision of services to that individual. Feel the Magic® may also use personal information it collects for advertising and direct marketing purposes in order to inform individuals about its fundraising and charitable activities and to improve the services it provides.
- We recognise the importance of individuals providing their personal or health information.
- We will not use or disclose any information about individuals for other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases, such as if disclosure is required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Feel the Magic® or any other individual, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
- If an individual is receiving material from Feel the Magic® that they no longer wish to receive, the individual can ask that their details be removed from our mailing list, or follow the steps to unsubscribe set out in Feel the Magic’s email communications. Feel the Magic® will use reasonable endeavours to remove the personal information from our mailing list within a reasonable period of receipt of the request.
3. Access to records
- Feel the Magic® will use all reasonable endeavours to keep personal information it holds accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. Individuals may contact Feel the Magic® if they would like to access the personal information Feel the Magic® holds about them in which case Feel the Magic® will provide a complete list of the personal information Feel the Magic® holds about them within a reasonable period of receipt of the request.
4. Editing and deleting records
- Individuals may contact Feel the Magic® to correct any of their personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, or to request that their personal information be deleted. Feel the Magic® will correct or delete the personal information within a reasonable period of receipt of the request. Feel the Magic® may require identification to be provided before providing copies of personal information. Feel the Magic® may require individuals to pay a fee in support of our administrative costs in attending to enquiries regarding personal information.
5. Storage and security
- Feel the Magic® will use all reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of personal information it collects against unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- Feel the Magic® urges individuals to contact Feel the Magic® immediately should they become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of their personal information.
- Our board members and volunteers are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- From time to time Feel the Magic® may host its website on an Internet server which may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website. This may include the user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, the date and the time of access and details of the information downloaded. These details are not capable of personally identifying the user and are used solely for statistical analysis and research on usage patterns to improve the Feel the Magic® website and enhance Feel the Magic’s activities.
6. Problems or questions?
- If an individual believes that their privacy has been breached or they have a privacy issue that they wish to discuss on a confidential basis they should contact Feel the Magic’s Privacy Officer. Feel the Magic® will promptly acknowledge any complaints received and provide an outline of the process and timeframes for responding to the complaint.