Before applying for our Magic Journey experience, please read the following criteria to make sure you are eligible.
To ensure the Magic Journey is a successful and fulfilling experience, children in the nominated family must be aged between 7 and 17 and have attended a minimum of two Camp Magic programs.
Our key focus at ‘Feel the Magic’, is our ongoing grief education and support program, Camp Magic. It is a vital stepping stone in the journey to healing and can give children the tools to deal with any strong emotions that may arise throughout their daily life. The Magic Journey is another stepping stone that can also help with healing, but is most effective when the family already have the coping strategies in place.
‘Feel the Magic’ aims to send a minimum of one and a maximum of four families on our Magic Journey experience each year. This is not guaranteed and is also subject to funding.
- Earning $100,000 or less in household income per annum.
- Must be able to provide proof of income.
- Must be able to present the death certificate of lost loved one.
- Lost parent/s or legal guardian must be deceased for a minimum of 12 months.
- Lost child or children must be deceased for a minimum of 2 years.
- Children must be between the ages of 7 to 17 years of age.
- Nominated children must have attended a minimum of two Camp Magic programs.
- Must be comfortable with all form of media exposure (e.g.: Social Media, TV, Radio, etc…)